1. SCUBA BABY This one is obvious, make sure your baby has room to breath, and there is no fabric covering their head or face
2. SNUG AS A CUDDLEBUG Your baby should be snug against your body and high on your chest. Basically in the same position your arms would hold them. If your back hurts when you’re wearing your baby, the wrap may be too low, too tight, or the fabric may be twisted.
3. THE HIPS DON’T LIE In the upright position, your baby’s knees should be near hip level or higher. The portion of the wrap your baby is sitting upon should be pulled to reach the back of their knees, thusly their spine will be in a natural position, their pelvis is aligned, and the hip socket is filled. Don't tuck your baby’s legs under his or her bottom. This can pinch nerves or impede blood flow. The wider the fabric is spread, the more supportive it is
4. INSPECTOR MOM Regularly give your wrap a quick inspection to be sure that the fabric, seams, and baby inside are all good to go!
5. NO HUGGING WHILE DRIVING A baby wrap is not a car seat, or a bike helmet! For these reasons and countless others, do not wear your baby in a wrap when driving, riding in a car, or while riding a bike.
6. WWPMD (WHAT WOULD PREGNANT ME DO?) If you wouldn't do it when 9 months pregnant, do not do it while wearing your baby! That means no riding motorcycles, climbing trees, skipping, running, skating, skiing, swimming, mowing the lawn, cleaning with harsh chemicals, Kung-Fu, standing next to microwaves for hours at a time, bungee jumping, or skydiving, while cuddling.
7. STEER CLEAR OF DANGER Babies love grabbing anything and everything they can. This is great for development, but bad for early childhood scarring. Avoid standing next to things that your little one can easily grab a hold of, and hurt him/ herself with. For example boiling water, sharks, sharp objects, etc.
8. KILLER MOVES SISTA If you need to bend over, lie down, pick up a lucky penny, or do a cartwheel, make sure to hold your baby securely with both arms, and don’t let go until you've completely finished. Hold them like you would a baby!